The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I programmed my automatic fish feeder. It's the Eheim model. My question is how much food should I load it up with so that the fish will get enough for 9 days, feeding them once a day? I set it so that the fish get just enough food to eat in a couple of minutes.

I mixed up the food so they get some variety. They will get flakes, brine shrimp, bloodworms, and crushed algae pellets. I have the feeder drum about 1/4 of the way full. Will that be enough for 9 days?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I used to do when I had one was test it by manually spinning it round and round to check for 1. that the desired amount came out each time and 2. that it held enough for the number of feedings they would need during the absence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you have fresh wet food in there that's unrefigerated? That seems like a bad idea.
I'm sure OP means the freeze dried type.

I am using the same Ehiem Everyday Feeder, and when I'm gone I'd rather err on the side of not enough rather than too much.

1 feeding per day will both keep them getting some food and lengthen the time the food in the barrel will last for.

I'd rather come home to fish that are hungry, than a tank that had too much food, and possibly an ammonia spike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.