1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get ripped off buying some
new shrimp, I want to know how much
they cost in your LFS or on a website.
What is the average price for CBS and CRS?
Also, did I overpay for a S grade CRS? (8$)

·
Registered
684 Posts
8 dollars? Is it a high quality shrimp *solid colors*

I can get A-SS for about 2.60 each. Some guy actually got 1 C grade + 3 S's for 5 bucks.

On Average the price now is about 3-4 dollars each.

I'll be honest with you, buy from breeders. LFS's try to make money, they can sell it for that much because people will buy it *due to convenience, usually buyers can select their shrimps*

·
Registered
166 Posts
8 dollars? Is it a high quality shrimp *solid colors*

I can get A-SS for about 2.60 each. Some guy actually got 1 C grade + 3 S's for 5 bucks.

On Average the price now is about 3-4 dollars each.

I'll be honest with you, buy from breeders. LFS's try to make money, they can sell it for that much because people will buy it *due to convenience, usually buyers can select their shrimps*
Where can you get SS shrimp for $2.60?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know a guy. He doesn't ship though he's local + he was quitting the hobby.

Unless you want to spend more money, try finding people on TPT who are willing to ship CRS/CBS to you. Shipping's probably going to be 10 bucks.

Send chase127 a PM i think he might have CRS. I was going to buy from him before.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
This is one of the benefits of joining your local community as many shrimpers will sell stock throughout the year. I've personally given away dozens at our swap meets to those who wanted to either diversify or try new breeds.

Honestly you get so much more back being generous and it's a philosophy thats catching on here in new York. To those who only take and take, you'll occasionally get help but never from the same caliber of friends you would have otherwise made. Azn has paid it forward many times helping local members so the great stock and prices he gets is likely him meeting someone who appreciates dealing with him.

Quality will cost money so don't discount a lfs who may import great stock. I would sooner get stock from a lfs , from a business or locally than I would from sns where the reputation of forum members selling extras or unwanted shrimp are loosely regarded. Ive had great dealings with Ron at alpha pro breeders so you can't go wrong with them. They've been around a long time and sell quality.

Good luck finding your pet shrimp.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Local breeders sell A-S grade $3. S/S+ $4-5. SS $8-10. SSS $12-$15 SSS+ $18-24

If you go to a store you are looking at double. No issues with that if none are found locally. Dont feel ripped off. Local breeders dont have expenses like a store does.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wish I could, I just turned 12 yesterday... being young sucks. :(
Nothing wrong about being young. I actually like when I find out young people are into this hobby. It tells me that young people like us still appreciate nature and we can show it off to other people! I'm 18.

Just have someone older with you when you're picking up the shrimps from local breeders. I bet you're parents wouldn't mind accompanying you if it's save you alot of money.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Well would you still charge me that much? hahaha shipping is like 10 bucks. what grades do you have? I'm hunting for B/C grades. I might come to you to diversify my genepool.
Sorry.. No B/C grades. I only got S and up. You can pick the ugly ones and call it B/C. They are still $3 each though.

I use large priority box for my shipping so it's about $15 all the way to the west coast. I don't make $ shipping (actually cost me for the shipping materials) cause I am not going to ship it in a little small box.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought SCAPE was a group where
people had meetings? o.o
Well, we are a forum just like the plantedtank.net here. Some of the benefits of SCAPE though is that we have discounts from local stores, local deals from memebers, and our monthly meets! Many SCAPErs actually are on this forum too, such as myself. You are definitely not required to go to the monthly meets, but it would be great if you did! You are free to bring along a parent if you'd like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.