The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 0.5 ml of excel daily for a 2.6g tank AND 1 ml of excel daily for a 5g tank be OK? Not too much?

I have 1 nerite snail and 4 amano shrimps in the 5g tank and I might add 1 horned nerite snail and 6 RCShrimps on the 2.6g tank.

If excel it's too much for such a small tank, how much should I add with Flourish Comprehensive?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
The instructions say to "Use 1 capful for every 200 L (50 gallons*) daily or every other day."

Whereby, 1 thread in the cap is equivalent to 1 mL.

Assuming a capful is 5 mL, then you would need 1 mL per 10 gallons of water, so 500 microlitres for your 5 gallon aquarium would be OK, but too much for your 2.6 gallon aquarium.

Do note that Flourish Excel and Flourish Comprehensive serve two different purposes, so you cannot replace the former with the latter.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. So, 500 is 0.5 ml, right?

I'm just nervous of killing my fish by overdosing.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I would dose at 2 ml per 10 gallons, 1 ml for the 5 gal, .5 ml for the 2.5 gal. I know it won't harm the fish at that rate. Remember, Seachem would have you dose more than twice that much for the after water change dosage, so you can be sure that even that much doesn't harm fish. Some shrimp can be more sensitive, but I doubt that they would be harmed either.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would dose at 2 ml per 10 gallons, 1 ml for the 5 gal, .5 ml for the 2.5 gal. I know it won't harm the fish at that rate. Remember, Seachem would have you dose more than twice that much for the after water change dosage, so you can be sure that even that much doesn't harm fish. Some shrimp can be more sensitive, but I doubt that they would be harmed either.
Ok. Thank you! :smile2:

Btw, are red cherry shrimps sensitive to a new setup tank? (after the tank is cycled)?.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Darkblade48!.

One more question! Can I add that same amount (1ml for 5g and .5 for 2.6) when I'm adding liquid iron, flourish comp. and potassium?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thank you, Darkblade48!.

One more question! Can I add that same amount (1ml for 5g and .5 for 2.6) when I'm adding liquid iron, flourish comp. and potassium?
Since I also run a nano (6gal), I like to use glass droppers (look for 1-2oz droppers on amazon) and put all my ferts into those. 20 drops is equivalent to 1 ml.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I find 1 mL droppers to be the easiest. As long as you find a calibrated dropper, one squeeze of the bulb = 1mL.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all!

I have the droppers that shows the amount of ml from .05 to 2.5 I think (too lazy to look for it XD). I have like three. They are like life safers to me!

A little update! I filled up the 2.6g tank today, added black sand, a small cave and a little decor. Tomorrow I'll add some of bacteria-inthe-bottle to kick start the cycle and add the betta. Can't wait to order some plants!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts