The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been keeping my Macros and micros/trace separate, but I'd like to have the freedom to either have them in the same bottle or to at least be able to dose them at the same time. I only can dose 1-2 times a week. I have a lot of tanks.

Do they precipitate in the tank when dosed together? Or do I need to add ascorbic acid to prevent that from happening? And if so, how much?

I'm using Zorbo for 2mL pump dose per 10 gallons for KNO3 and KH2PO4 as my only Macros. I haven't figured out the Micros yet, but same specs.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
If you will only dose two times a week, it would be better to dose traces and macros separately. The primary precipitation concern is with phosphate and iron being dosed at the same time. If you can manage three times a week, I’d dose macros once and micros twice.

To stabilize your nutrient solution bottles, add 1mg / 1 ml of ascorbic acid (antoxidant) and 2mg / 5ml potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.