The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to adgshop.com and found their recommendations for how much Power Sand, Aqua soil, and top layer powder but I find the amounts to be excessive compared to others recommendations. (see attached capture) I don't want to over purchase so as a last effort I am asking for your recommendations for my 55 gallon tank.

I plan on having an average of 2 to 3 inches of total substrate. I've read the Power Sand Special is good to use but wonder how it compares to plain old Peat Moss? Is it worth the money?

Also, I've read the powder finish is nice to have. How thick does it need to be?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It's really a great system. Power Sand just employs the use of larger sized porous particles to facilitate better water movement within the substrate. Roots grow into it and oxygenate it as well so the bacteria are good to go. I personally use it in my setups but some people don't care for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

I appreciate your recommendations. It seems no matter which products of their system I decide to use, I will be happy. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.