'ello all! I am currently setting up some 2 gallon bowls filtered entirely by plants, and they are being fed flakes twice daily in preparation for whatever fish/inverts are kept in them (leaning towards a 1 inch American native called the pygmy killifish, leptolucania ommata). Anyhow, I recently got some seachem ammonia alert kits (the ones you hang in the tank with a suction cup that change color) in the mail and put them in the bowls, where I learned that they are at about .05 ppm ammonia right now. Is this enough to be a problem for anything I could reasonably keep in a 2 gallon bowl (shrimp, tiny fishes, dwarf crays, etc)? Thankx for your quick replies! PS...not sure this is helpful at all, but the ramshorn snails I put in to eat some of the excess food are unfazed by the ammonia concentrations.