The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Like the title says. I'm wondering if they're worth buying for nano sized fish like CPDs, chili rasboras, pygmy corys, rosy loaches, threadfin rainbows, goldring danios, and/or freshwater pipefish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
When I last ordered bloodworms the seller recommended chopping them up with a razor blade. Each segment will form a new worm. That's what I did and it multiplied my worms a few times over. All of that to say a bloodworm can be any size you cut it to.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
For easy and the size of fish you mentioned it may be worth it. If you have regular sized, frozen then breaking them up might be really easy, just sorta like crushing an ice cube I would thin.

But seconding @monkeyruler90 and I have tetras and danio that grab a blood worm and carry them around a bit. That being said, smaller would be much better suited for these fish. So if the price isn't much more I would personally give it a shot; for convenience sake. Otherwise, if it's pricey, try smashing up some regular ones while frozen would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
threadfin rainbows on the other hand have super tiny mouth so they would not do well with any bloodworms

The only live food I found that they took was micro worms, vinegar eels, freshly hatched brine shrimp, daphnia
I was afraid of that. Do they take grindal worms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.