The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a marineland penguin 330 with two bio wheels and a marineland emperor 400 with two bio-wheels on my 75 gallon is that more then enough filtration. I ask this because I found a 110 gallon long tank for $20.00 holds water, and I already have a 72x18 stand for it that I got free. I just got to go pick the 110L up..I would wondering will the penguin 330 and the emperor 400 be enough filtration on the 110L or do I need to add more filtration. I did find what looks to be a whisper 30-60 or a penguin 330 no bio wheels if I need more filtration for the 110. oh and I want to keep the fish in the 75 gallon and move them over to the 110L.

the live_stock
25- harlequin rasbora's ( I want to sell 15 of them for $1.75 each =26.25
or will trade for other schooling tetras or rasbora's (green neon,serpae, bleeding heart,scissor, etc)
10 neon tetra's
10 glow light tetra's
10 orange von rio tetra's
8 agaissi cory catfish

·
Registered
143 Posts
In fresh water I try to get a filter that will turn the water 3-4 times an hour at least. Of course I don't over stock, and do weekly 20% water changes. If you have a lot of large fish you might need more. The more plants the better, they aid in filtering. Now if you want a reef tank I wouldn't go less than 10 times per hour.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I think those are enough filtration for either tank, but probably not enough flow. Though I'm not sure I understood your plan... are you moving all your fish and both filters to the new 110L tank? That would be an OK plan..

But I'd run 2 filters on each tank, I don't think one would be sufficient for either.

On my heavily planted tanks I'm up to 10x+/hr now that the plants have grown in.

Planted tanks are heavy debris-producers, and the plants themselves block flow and can create dead spots.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There are two issues: Flow and Filtration.

I think your filtration is fine, but I don't know how much flow those filters produce. You may want to check on that, and if it's not enough, you may want to look into some powerheads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.