The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two tanks I'm going to put shrimp (red cherry and wild neo.) in. Both are moderately planted, low-light, low-tech tanks. One is a 10g the other is 2.5. Both have HOB filters rated for the tank size.

Until this morning both were home to fish, so they're well-cycled. The 10g has been setup since November and was recently home to 20+ guppies. The 2.5g has been setup since January and was home to 15 juv guppies.

How many shrimp could I put in each? I'm not so worried about the 10 as I am the 2.5 (and I have another 2.5 if I end up getting more shrimp than I should put in there)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have 100+ CRS in my 3g, but most of them are babies and young juvies. I have 12 adults and probably 15 larger juvies. I'd comfortably keep 30 adults in there. You could do more, but it'd probably start to look cluttered with shrimp. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news! Thanks. I should be getting 15-20 juvies (about 1/4").

So a rule of 10-15 adult shrimp per gallon would be reasonable?

Yea, when I can't see my plants any more for the number of shrimp, I know I've got too many, lol. Guess I shouldn't wait until they're two deep to start thinning them out, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.