The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,974 Posts
It may have been closer to 800...I just know it was close to 1000. It's at 400 now and it's only been a couple weeks. I need to get a bubble counter maybe to make sure I don't have the CO2 turned up too much even though the fish seem fine. I thought that a 5# tank should last several months...not weeks.

Yeah, you have a leak. Check the joints between your soleniod and bubble counter, if you have them. Maybe even the joints between the regulator to the tank.

To check for leaks between the regulator to the tank, turn off the tank valve. Then, turn off the working pressure on the regulator. Let it sit overnight, 12 hours+. Now, the tank pressure on the gauge should remain the same after 12 hours+. If not, you have a leak between the regulator to the tank. Maybe you didn't change your CO2 tank washer after the refill.

To check for leaks between the regulator to the needle valve, turn off the tank valve. Increase your working pressure to a higher pressure, 30 psi to 40 psi. Makes sure your soleniod is closed. Let it sit overnight for 12 hours+. In the morning, the working pressure gauge should be reading the same pressure as of last night. If not, you have a leak somewhere between the soleniod and the regulator. Do the same procedure for the needle valve (needle valve close while the soleniod is open). The working pressure should remain the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.