The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank is heavily planted with 2 Otos and 1 male Betta. I can remove these if necessary.

My main goal is to have a tank of these little Goby's, and I'm having a hard time finding information on how many is too many.

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think the formula is roughly 1 inch of slender body fish per gallon. This isn't an exact science, just a guidline to keep your fish comfortable. Oto's get about 2". Betta about 3". Peacock Gudgeons about 2". So maybe 2 or 3 depending on how well you have the tank filtrated and how much maintenance you do. Here's a link I used to figure out how many fish I can fit in my tank. You can input your specific info and it will give you an estimate. If you don't find your filter you can input a similar filter.

http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php

·
Registered
566 Posts
They have a body shape similar to a betta, so there might be a problem there. I say maybe 3 along with a little clean-up crew. I have 1 right now and I am getting a second one for my 15 column. Awesome fish.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have not owned them, but I am seriously considering them. In the research I've done the advice seams to be that a trio of 2 females and 1 male works well. I've heard that in a M/F pair the male can pester the female to the point it stresses her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.