The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 33L planted tank that is about 6 weeks old or so. I'm wondering how many more fish you think I could get in there. I'm not looking to add that much more than what is in there now, but I am considering a few more. I know there are no hard and fast rules, and that everything is relative, that's why I'm asking for your varied opinions.

Current situation:

33gal, HOT magnum (diffusion bar, Fluval porous rocks in D cartridge with sponge sleeve)
4x55W CF fixture, 2 10K, 2 actinic (to be replaced with 6700s soon) - Light is 12+ inches off the tank, and I have a shade screen over one half where most of the anubias and java fern is.
Plants: Various anubias, various Java fern, various crypts, micro sword, chain sword.
Fish: 11 cardinals, 6 otos, 5 harrisoni pencils, 5 H+Tlight tetras, 2 clown plecos, 2 sterbai corys, 4 amano shrimp

Only dosing Excel right now, hope to add CO2 in the next 6 months or so.

Here's the tank:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yourtanks.php?do=view&id=1547

This foto is a couple weeks old. I've added some more plants, including some plastic bamboo-leaved vines to float at the top and provide additional temporary cover and shade.

So other fish I might like to add at some point would be a pair of Apistos, maybe Killifish?, maybe something small and unique like an upsidedown catfish or something.

Any thoughts on how much I can fit, or anything specific about my choices?

Thankings!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice looking tank. Sounds like it has enough fish already! If it were me, I'd remove the pencils and H+T tetras to make room to add 3 more sterbai and a pair of apistos or rams - maybe a few more cardinals too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.