The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
That's a little on the high side, but not horrible. I'd keep up on the water changes, though. I have about 24 neons and harlequins in a 25g, very heavily planted tank, and it usually looks pretty crowded, even with the neons all hiding down in the plants.

You might do better to stick with one type of schooling fish (maybe 8 neons *or* harlequins), and then add some bottom-dwellers for variety. Shrimp, cories, otos, etc. No plecos - a 10g is just too small.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrighty. 8 harlys, 2 otos and a bajillion cherry shrimp. ill have a load of plants, i have a medium/high light, CO2 system, aqua soil substrate Aquatop cf-300 canister with ceramic rings, bioballs, carbon and fluval water polish pads

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
I would get a few more otos as they like to be in groups
I wouldn't get a few more otos. Probably stick with 2 max since they have a HUGE appetite and unless you have like lots of algae that they can actually eat, then they'll starve and go bye bye....
I currently have 43 harlequins in my 95G.... Looks pretty crowded to me.. But I have a built in sump which takes some space...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.