The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah. That sounds about right. How planted will it be? What is your filtration like? Depending on those, you might be able to get slightly more.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I have about 65-70 fish total (most 1.5-2") in my 90g and I don't think it looks cluttered at all.
75g, I'd say about 55-60 if they're all small schooling-type fish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, away from the computer for a few days there. I wouldn't be doing just Rasboras (we have 13 now). We're thinking of moving our Glass Catfish in (only have five of them ATM, would add three to five more), and adding some bottom dwellers as well. Maybe yoyo's, and some kuhli's. We've got four upside-down catfish that need a home as well, so they may end up here as well (with possibly four new friends).

Jon

·
Registered
295 Posts
20 Harlequins is a great number for a 15gal. They are wonderful schooling fish and look incredible in a planted tank.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm interested in rasboras when I ultimately upgrade to a 75 gallon. I'm thinking of 3 pearl gourami, 3 clown loaches, a few smaller loaches (khulis, horse-faced, hillstream) and then a school of rasboras. How many rasboras might be a good target size for that kind of 75 g Asian fish community tank?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
with the other fish in there...i would say 40 to 45 would be about right. But I would stay closer to 40.

You can always add them in phases too to see how "crowded" it gets. Its tough to say a real number because your hardscape and plants can completly change someones perception of "how many".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.