The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fishes will be accompanied by glass shrimps (I'm thinking of buying a 100 of these) for cleanup duty.

also what's the ratio for male:female population?

My setup is in my sig.

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(you don't have a sig... ?)

Will they be the only fish in the tank?

I'd keep a ratio of 2F:1M
I do have a sig. I just checked but it's not showing :(

they will be the only fish in the tank

thanks again :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have you consider any of the larger species of gouramis for your 100 gallon? Dwarfs are pretty small(hence the name) and your tank might look pretty empty. Pearls would look great in your tank.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would also add a few pairs of "kissers"

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use to keep Pearls and Moonlights together and thought they looked great IMO and I didn't notice any aggression problems, I had a trio of each in a 90.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got 3 in my 55 gallon. think 2 are male, n one female (or all 3 are male... lol). well 2 of them claimed 2 sides of the tank and constantly pulling and gathering my plants (hate it) :angryfire and they're bit bully too... they beat on my 2 blue Gouramis & 4+" angels! :biggrin: too many wont be a good idea, when it comes time to spawn.... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would also add a few pairs of "kissers"
some people get the kissing gouramis because they look cute kissing, but in actual fact what they are doing is not so cute. They are fighting, that is how that type of gourami fight. So having two fish always fighting will cause stress and then illness.

In my 55 gallon:

2 golden gouramis
1 3 spotted blue gourami
1 thick lipped gourami
1 dwarf gourami
7 harlequin rasbora's
3 gold-green cory's
2 dwarf otto's
1 bristle nose pleco

A total of 49" of fish in the 55 gallon tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts