The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I want to know how many corydoras I can have in a 55 gal if anymore at all. I have 5 juli and 4 albino. With 6 opaline gourami (2m 4f) and 24 guppies. It’s planted and I do 30% water changes weekly.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have 8 adults, and probably 20 juveniles. Not enough! Must breed more!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have a 55g too. You can probably have 20 and you still will be fine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I wouldn't go as high as 20 but you can certainly have a lot more. I would say 10 or 15 juli - i wouldn't get any more albino but that is just me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I currently have 9 peppered and 5 bronze in a 36 bow front.

…with 8 Colombian tetra and a 4” yoyo.

0/0/0, per API test kit, running a Tidal 110 and a Fluval 207. Both running a LOT of filter foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thank you! I’ll get 10 more julis then :>
My reason for this comment is a 55 is a long skinny tank - while it has a lot of water vol it lacks floor space. Traditionally I prefer wide long shallow tanks (unless i have tall fishes in the upper area). Not expecting you change your tank but just something to consider in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
My reason for this comment is a 55 is a long skinny tank - while it has a lot of water vol it lacks floor space. Traditionally I prefer wide long shallow tanks (unless i have tall fishes in the upper area). Not expecting you change your tank but just something to consider in the future.
How many do you recommend per square foot of floor space?

·
Registered
580 Posts
How many do you recommend per square foot of floor space?
I don't think in that fashion. I have 7 sterbai in a 29 (which are bulkier than julli) and at times I think that is too many for the limited floor space (30x12) vs 48x13. The thing is that there is no 'right' answer here - I mean there are wrong answers you can always have too many but cory are a fish that can pile on top of each other (though not as heavily as otto); but I find the aquarium more pleasing (the part that is a matter of opinion) if there is a bit more free space.

Btw you can always buy more but it is a bit more annoying to have to remove some.

Btw(2) if you create some nice ground cover with moss or similar you will get lots of eggs and baby cory ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts