The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pressurised CO2 system with drop checker and in-tank ceramic diffuser. The tank is 30L/8Gallons so bubble count should be tiny I'm assuming. What should I be aiming for? One website said 0.3bps and another said 6 bubbles per minute. 1 bubble per second per 10 gallons? There is so much conflicting info!
KH: 8
PH: 7.1
Current CO2 ppm (before adding pressurised system): 15ppm
Medium to heavily planted (tank is my profile pic)

Thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Put some tank water into a cup and let it sit for 24hrs. Test its pH. You want your tank pH to be about 1.0 point lower around the time your lights are turning on.

BPS is a terrible measure between different tanks. It's more of a rough visual gauge for when you make adjustments with your needle valve.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I just got a pressurised CO2 system with drop checker and in-tank ceramic diffuser. The tank is 30L/8Gallons so bubble count should be tiny I'm assuming. What should I be aiming for? One website said 0.3bps and another said 6 bubbles per minute. 1 bubble per second per 10 gallons? There is so much conflicting info!
KH: 8
PH: 7.1
Current CO2 ppm (before adding pressurised system): 15ppm
Medium to heavily planted (tank is my profile pic)

Thanks!
It all depends how well you can diffuse the CO2 into the water, you could be running 1000 bps, but if you only diffuse them at .001 bps its equivalent to getting 100% diffusion @ 1bps.

In my 5.5 gallon with a ceramic diffuser I'm running about 80% diffusion @ 1bps, my drop checker never really turns green so I should be running more, but I'm at a perfect balance of light/CO2/ferts as is so I have no motive to add ,increase my bps. Start @ 1bps, and move up to 1.5 - 2.0 - 2.5 etc. until you reach your balance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.