The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just setup my CO2 last night and seen the bubbles/foam in the bottle today. How long should it be before I start seeing results in my plants. As of now I have a 20 watt Flourescent Spiral Bulb until I get my new bulb for my hood. Here are the plants:

Java Moss(Not too worried about)
Petite nana(Not too worried about)
Marimo Balls(Not too worried about)
Wendtii Crypt
Rotala Rotundifolia
Green Hygro
Brazillian Pennywort
Water Hyssop(Moneywort)

I am thinking with n the next week-week in a half I should see some growth.

·
Registered
122 Posts
it all depends on how big the bottle or canister you used. Also it depends on the amount of sugar and yeast. If you used just a tiny bit of yeast then you should see bubbles in the next 24hrs. When I had my last batch i started seeing bubbles within a few minutes. So it will take a few days or longer to see growth in the plants. Another thing I must ask PLEASE USE CORRECT GRAMMAR

·
Registered
439 Posts
i find nothing wrong with asking questions when questions are warranted Mr. James from Cali, but asking questions in a new thread which is identical to old questions in old threads that are easily searched for in this forum is in as few words as possible...a waste of time. Anyone with 400 some odd posts in a months time should know this forum through and through already.

I completely understand your vigor for this 'bug' we call planted aquaria; i myself have been the same in the past. Yet there is one thing you should know before continuing into this endeavor:

There is only so much one can learn and apply from what others tell you. Patience, trials and tribulations, errors and triumphs. They must all be accomplished on your own terms.

receiving an answer before an answer presents itself in due time serves no purpose. you will have learned nothing by experimenting and getting an answer before an experiment is through.

in due time you will get the answer desired. DIY CO2 varies form person to person considering everyone has different water quality, yeast used, container, length of tubing, and diffusion method.

Wait it out and see what happens. this hobby is after all, a waiting game. dont jump the gun, you'll keep getting burned.

cheers,

·
Registered
122 Posts
In most of your posts it seems as if you had the grammar of an 8th grader (no offense). With misspelled words, and wrong pronunciation. USE SPELLCHECK IT WORKS WONDERS! To answer your question it should take maybe a few hours, depending on the temperature of the water. If its scolding hot, you more than likely would kill the yeast.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
PLEASE USE CORRECT GRAMMAR
Speak for yourself. His post may not be 100% perfect but who's is? Your's and mine both surely aren't. Who are we to tell someone else what to do?

James it is hard to say how long until there is a noticeable different in plant growth. One way, if possible, is to take a daily picture of the tank and compare it a few days later. Often our minds "think" something is growing but it really isn't. Another way is to just yank a stem out and measure it.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speak for yourself. His post may not be 100% perfect but who's is? Your's and mine both surely aren't. Who are we to tell someone else what to do?

James it is hard to say how long until there is a noticeable different in plant growth. One way, if possible, is to take a daily picture of the tank and compare it a few days later. Often our minds "think" something is growing but it really isn't. Another way is to just yank a stem out and measure it.
Okay, the picture thing wont work for a couple of days but the measuring could be done. Although it truly is alot of work. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Also don't go by height alone.

Look at how the plant reacts color wise. If it was dull before and suddenly is a vibrant green, something is working.

There are different ways to look at growth. Not all of them dealing with vertical growth.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The plant I am most concerned for is my Green Hygro. It is looking like it is going to be mushy(just like how the sunset hygro went). But that is on one leaf so maybe the CO2 will make it more vibrant. The other plant I am watching for is the Rotala Rotundifolia. The plants are very short so height is a major for me though because the back looks kinda bare even though there are plants. Not going to base growth entirely on that though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
if i can remember right it only takes a few days for the plants to start bubbling (i cant remember the correct term for this sorry). i also dont know who told you the diy co2 recipie but you only need 1/4 a teaspoon of yeast per 2 cups of suger. what they said about taking a picture every day is the way to go if you really want to know if your setup is working.

btw i just remembered that my yeast foamed better when i put it in the sun.
i dont have any proof that it really does anything. it was just something i remember doing after waiting a week for it to start working by that afternoon all my plants were bubbling like i had an air pump in there lol.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i find nothing wrong with asking questions when questions are warranted Mr. James from Cali, but asking questions in a new thread which is identical to old questions in old threads that are easily searched for in this forum is in as few words as possible...a waste of time. Anyone with 400 some odd posts in a months time should know this forum through and through already.

I completely understand your vigor for this 'bug' we call planted aquaria; i myself have been the same in the past. Yet there is one thing you should know before continuing into this endeavor:

There is only so much one can learn and apply from what others tell you. Patience, trials and tribulations, errors and triumphs. They must all be accomplished on your own terms.

receiving an answer before an answer presents itself in due time serves no purpose. you will have learned nothing by experimenting and getting an answer before an experiment is through.

in due time you will get the answer desired. DIY CO2 varies form person to person considering everyone has different water quality, yeast used, container, length of tubing, and diffusion method.

Wait it out and see what happens. this hobby is after all, a waiting game. dont jump the gun, you'll keep getting burned.

cheers,
finally, someone said it. :icon_neut

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.