The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 40 breeder (about half of it, the rest dosent have plants) how long will it take for it all to grow in? I am getting nilocg thrive c and I have a nicrew skyled + which goes for 95 par at 12” any advice would help

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Depends on what you mean by grow in. Do you mean covering the entire tank in plants? Or until the plants are growing happily? If the former then probably 2 years without co2 and your current plant load. If the latter then a few weeks to a couple of months if everything else is going well.

Also that light might be a bit bright for a non-co2 tank. I'd try to dim it or raise it up 6+ inches.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my tank now looks like a bush i got hornworts like 3 bunches and my tank is fully planted

Any way to diy co2 that isn’t that yeast thing? I don’t Want a explosion

I moved my plants closer to light in a dirt cup. My idea is to make my 2.5 a Diy 7w led from a big box string light from a plastic tank lid is 7w enough light it’s on par with like 1.5 nicrews skyled+ planted thing which has like 75-80 PAR at 1 foot deep

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't. Explosion isn't the issue the issue is inconsistent co2 levels that will create issues. If you go co2 i recommend pony up for a c2oart regulator or similar. Then get a 10lb canister - the total cost is around $250 for the regulator and canister and then $15 dollar every 6-9 months to refill the canister.

Any way to diy co2 that isn’t that yeast thing? I don’t Want a explosion

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much does the canister cost for like a industrial tank

I had a idea of using a water bottle and styrofoam where the foam floats up when the co2 diffuses into the water over time I saw it at aquarium co op aquarium tour

I wouldnt buy a overpriced co2 unit cuz it would like double my cost i can get a 10lb tank for 50$

Oh it’s like 75$ for a tank diffuser and a counter that’s cheap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.