The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three months ago I setup my first regulator build, I am using a 5lb canister.
Granted I did waste some c02 in the testing phase, but wanted to know what I could expect.
My hp gauge is down too 200psi in 2 1/2 months.

How long should a 5lbs tanks last @ 2-3 bubbles per second?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 10 lb cylinder lasted 4 months.

There are so many variables that go into how long it will last. Nobody can definitively tell you how long it will last. The best we really can tell you is to watch your high pressure gauge and replace it the moment you see the needle start dropping.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
I was getting roughly 4 months. I depends on the pressure you're running though. A very small leak will also put a dent in how long it will last.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
200psi should still have a few weeks left in it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weird the 200psi lasted about 5days. When I took off the regulator the washer was gone. Do they disinagrate?

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
Weird the 200psi lasted about 5days. When I took off the regulator the washer was gone. Do they disinagrate?

No the nylon washers are not supposed to disintegrate.

Are you sure it is not pressed up against the CGA320 nut and nipple?

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
That is not that hard to calculate 'close enough' as you have all the information at hand (assuming no leaks).

One way to look at is that your tank holds so many bubbles of a given size under given (working) pressure. If you are using up so many if those bubbles per day, then the total number of days is just one division away.

v3

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If there was no gasket, sounds like you know where your issue/leak was. Every time I refill/change my bottle I always leak test the connection to the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts