The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my cats went missing last night... Well rather he slipped out through a window my boyfriend left open. And has yet to be seen or heard from.
I'm no stranger to cats disappearing for weeks at a time, going off on space time adventures and battling evil tyranny in a distant dimension...
But that doesn't mean I don't panic every time it happens... Plus there's always the chance that they won't come back...
Anyways.. I was hoping that people on here had hope giving, inspirational, funny stories about how their pets disappeared and came back....

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
My Golden Retriever was a rescue. She went over, under, and through a fence at least 5 times. 4 of which she ended up in the friendly hands of the local animal control officer.... Every time the fine goes up.

By the last time the animal control officer just called me(collar broke off on fence, so she just "knew"). If she'd been picked up again it would have resulted in a misdemeanor charge against me... Booo..

So she no longer was left outside for more than a few minutes without supervision. Just last year she ran off on my wife and I came home 3 hours later, walked around trying to find her, nothing. So I drove. Was 3 miles from home and had my window open going slow down an alley when I heard this metal clanking... looked out the window and she was running next to me.... Dumb dumb dumb... .

As a kid our cat would run away every winter, come back weeks later with ears shorter and shorter from frost bite...

Hope your kitty finds her way home. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i lost an iguana many many years ago, had no idea where it was. one day i was getting up for school about 2 months after it excaped from its enclosure and here comes the iguana walking out of an access hole in the wall for plumbing for the batroom. he was reall sick from lack of light and food, he lived for a little, but eventually passed from malnutrition i assume. :(
good luck with you kitty! cats know who feeds them, there smart animals. it will b back soon. Leave some food outside for it, it usually helps.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor thing.. stuck in the wall....
Well the problem is that this is so unlike Kenai... In every way shape and form... If Dio had been the one to leave I wouldn't even had started to worry till at least the 4th day..

·
Registered
575 Posts
We have fruit trees in the yard. Regardless of how on top of picking them we are, we have a bear that returns every year for free apples and plums. Climbs over the fence, eats his fill, then pushes a hole through the fence on the way out. More than once, our 2 Danes have found the hole before I did. Its a sickening feeling to realize they are no longer in the yard, and they are not the most street wise of breeds, running blindly after each other down the street. Ugh. Nothing like a pair of Great Danes running at full gallop through the neighbourhood, taking full advantage of their new found freedom. We recently switched them to a raw diet, which I feed to them by hand. Now it doesn't matter where they are, if I call them they run to me as fast as they possibly can... because.... I might have meat, lol.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anyways.. I was hoping that people on here had hope giving, inspirational, funny stories about how their pets disappeared and came back....
Several summers ago my friend had a beared dragon they put outside to sunbath and it walked away, and never came back. Next Spring, a neighbor found its dead body in his backyard....
Um, Eden? You didn't read the rules...
kitty should b able to hold its own out there, dont worry yourself. it'll turn up soon.
I believe it will

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol... summer lovin!!!

I'm not going to give up hope for at least a month.... I'm hoping he turns up at the shelter or something... Today I'm making flyers...
I just spent the past 2 hours shouting his name for a 7 block radius... I;m sure my neighbors were thrilled...

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
3 weeks. She was 12 when she ran away by sneaking out the front door when some friends of out kids were at the house. We searched the shelters for a couple weeks and then gave up. Got a letter from the city that she was in a shelter in the next county. We were told we owed about $350.00 for her boarding. The shelter failed to notify the city for over 2 weeks that they had our dog. She was licensed, chipped and had a tag with our phone number. She was in terrible shape when we picked her up. Hair all matted and covered with urine and feces. That county shelter should have been shut down.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3 weeks. She was 12 when she ran away by sneaking out the front door when some friends of out kids were at the house. We searched the shelters for a couple weeks and then gave up. Got a letter from the city that she was in a shelter in the next county. We were told we owed about $350.00 for her boarding. The shelter failed to notify the city for over 2 weeks that they had our dog. She was licensed, chipped and had a tag with our phone number. She was in terrible shape when we picked her up. Hair all matted and covered with urine and feces. That county shelter should have been shut down.
Wow... thats terrible... she should have been in much better shape if she was there for two weeks.... Did you report them?
Luckily the shelters near me are all very nice (near rich people), and take good care of their animals... My grandma founded half the shelters near me so if they do find him I'm going to get immediate notice... And they all have a no kill policy, so I should find him if he does go somewhere I haven't contacted.. I'm just hoping someone didn't decide to make him their new pet....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OP, did the cat have a collar on?
Yes.. a red one.. with a proper clasp.. not a breakaway collar.... though that alone could get him stuck on a bush somewhere... I've foudn that if they get lost though the breakaway collars are usually gone by the time they are found..
It also had a reflector strip on it in case he got out at night... and a tag with his name, 2 addresses, and 2 contact numbers.... Thats sort of why I think either something bad happened, someone took him, or he hasnt been found yet...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.