The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
You won't get any certain answers, since everyone runs their CO2 a bit differently.

However, the cartridge you are mentioning is a 14.5 oz (410 gram) CO2 cartridge. Depending on how fast you run it, it might last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

The type of regulator you use will not affect how long the CO2 will last.

Also, these cartridges are incredibly expensive for what you are getting. I would highly recommend you look into larger CO2 cylinders (2.5 - 10 or even 20 pounds) instead

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep the reason im asking coz i heard stories that it could last of upto 3 mos but mine is only almost under 3weeks with less than 1 bub\sec. So im just wondering if its my regulator? Or that's just how it's suppose to last. I don't have a lot of space unfortunately else i would have bought the full cylinder one

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
I doubt that such a small cylinder would last 3 months. 3 weeks sounds about right for a small cylinder.

You could also double check to make sure you have no leaks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did use sealant tapes and sprayed some soap no bubbles. What i noticed that the tank was contracting like in the morning when its cold not sure if it's gonna affect that. But even after i reduced my bubbles/sec its almost the same time that my co2 ran out last time and that's why im puzzled if i have some leak somewhere. I've sprayed my tube as well. What i havent done is put my cylinder to a water bucket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha sorry not sure what's the right word or term for it but psi increases in the afternoon and goes down in the morning. So @7am 50psi then 5pm 60psi.

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Haha sorry not sure what's the right word or term for it but psi increases in the afternoon and goes down in the morning. So @7am 50psi then 5pm 60psi.

It might be because your cylinder is being exposed to changes in temperature (or being exposed to sunlight, thereby heating up the gas slightly).

Ideally, there should be no change in pressure though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep I've read that too and was wondering if it was one of the reason it runs out fast. It's definitely not in the direct sunlight but yeah temp her in Nz suddenly just drops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.