The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 T5 bulbs on 125, which I leave on 7 hours a day, but only 2 of them are on. Several web sites I have read suggested I need to leave on for 12 hours a day. Wanted to find out what others are doing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
7hrs... 3pm-10pm (most viewing time for me when I get home from work). I'm running 4x T5HOs over a 60G tank

I wouldn't suggest anything more than 8hrs as you might an algae bloom. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in about that

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7hrs... 3pm-10pm (most viewing time for me when I get home from work). I'm running 4x T5HOs over a 60G tank

I wouldn't suggest anything more than 8hrs as you might an algae bloom. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in about that
Any more than 7 for me starts to cause algae problems.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
2x54 T5HO over a 75. Eleven hours total - 1.5 hours 1x54, 7 hours 2x54, 2.5 hours 1x54. Thinking of bumping it up to 12 just for increased viewing time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
7hrs, 3pm-10pm.

t5ho, 2x18", 10k (with two layers of fiberglass window screen resting on the splash guard to diffuse the light)

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
12 hrs straight on all my tanks

Algae has feelings too

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
As you can tell, every tank is different... so all I can really suggest is starting out with ~8hrs and seeing how your plants react. Then you can make adjustments to your timer from there. It's all just about keeping balance in the tank, and it starts with the lights

1 - 17 of 17 Posts