The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Monday (11/24 is today) i got a large order of plants shipped and they still arent here, i think its my mailman, He's awful at bringing packages on time, but how long can they last in a box! i ordered a tiger lotus, Rotala Rotundifolia, Dwarf Sadg, and another plant that is slipping my mind. they are in water in the bag. im just wondering if they will be ok!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
So on Monday (11/24 is today) i got a large order of plants shipped and they still arent here, i think its my mailman, He's awful at bringing packages on time, but how long can they last in a box! i ordered a tiger lotus, Rotala Rotundifolia, Dwarf Sadg, and another plant that is slipping my mind. they are in water in the bag. im just wondering if they will be ok!
Hi ADJAquariums,

Some species like Anubias, Java Ferns, Bolbitis, and others can travel a week or more with no ill effects. Nymphoides, Pogostemon, Crypts, and others will definitely suffer; however even if the leaves melt or fall off if I plant the root/crown or stems usually they recover.

I try not to ship plants during the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas; a typical 2-3 day shipment can easily become a week with all the packages and Christmas cards the USPS is handling.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Your Rotala is gone by now most likely. That's why I only order crypts and swords online. I had one packet get lost for two week with only the crypts survived alone with the java fern and red tiger lotus.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks, the guy i ordered from said that if the package arrived with dead plants in it he will replace the dead plants

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.