The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New setup, about a week ago I started my tank just HC and buce at the time, wanted to give it time for the roots to dig into the rocks/substrate before I flooded.

I attempted to flood it today because of the arrival of more stem plants but none of the HC on the gravel stayed on the gravel.

I dont mind waiting another week or two as long as its ok for my new stem plants, Alternanthera Reineckii and a Rotala "blood red", to stay in an emersed tank

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey rnaodm,
I think a week is to short for HC to establish in a setup. Because it got uprooted, it is not starting again at t0. I would say HC needs 2-3 weeks to establish a good root system and nice growth, depends on the conditions.

About the stemp plants it depens on how they were grown in the first place, how long they are and what conditions you have in your setup. In theory, both the plants are capable of growing emersed. However the emersed growth will be a tad different from the submersed form. If they were grown emersed until now, they are likely to survive. Could you maybe attach a photograph of the setup and of the plants ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts