The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the aquahub kit. I did not want to really monkey around with their mold-a-bracket thing, and I thought I could make the top of the floats more waterproof so here is what I did.

1. Drill a 5/16 hole in a 1" pvc cap.
2. Feed the switch post into the hole and make sure the rubber gasket is on the outside.
3. Its tight in there, so you need a needle nose to hold the nut in the cap. Tighten it up so the rubber gasket starts to flatten out and makes a good seal.
4. Feed it through the various PVC pieces to make a right angle turn down and get you to the right height.
5. Wire it up as per instructions.

I bought a little 12v pump and am going all 12v DC on this project. I don't see any reason to have 110V mains voltage on a project like this.
I'll wire it up and do an update.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I know have an automated system to pump 10 gallons of water on the floor.

Well it works! All 12v DC system.
The pump is perfect for this size application, starts up runs about 30 seconds to top off.
I routed the return line through 1/2" PVC to make a holder and zip tied it to the tank, you can see it on the left.

Then I had a strip of 12V leds so I wired that in..green means it is pumping, won't miss it! I'm hoping I will see the glow out the back or through the door cracks when the cabinet is all sealed up.

RO bucket will go in the closest, you wont see anything.
All in all, if this doesn't pump water on the floor, it's a good upgrade. I think I have around $50 into it.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Interesting projects are nice when they work as planned. Too complex to read about and understand well but I do understand being proud of the project!
If it works, congrats!
If not, well, been there, too. No water on the floor is a good thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.