The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Planted Tanker
6,080 Posts
I think it's fine, providing the current plants fill in around the DW and rocks. This is the type of tank that is made by the fish, which you just happen to have some very nice ones to do just that. Only thing I would think about is adding some voracious stems or vals along the very back right side to help balance things. I think you need a more dramatic display of flora right there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The driftwood looks grt but looks outta place in the corner. I suggest you move the driftwood a bit to the right, just off center. (the golden ratio) it would be more visually pleasing. (Left 1/3rd to right 2/3rd junction)

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
The driftwood looks grt but looks outta place in the corner. I suggest you move the driftwood a bit to the right, just off center. (the golden ratio) it would be more visually pleasing. (Left 1/3rd to right 2/3rd junction)
I would not recommend placing it off center as that would still be lopsided. Placing it in the middle would be better since it provides aesthetic balance on both sides - bouquet style.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
boo, I liked it before to the left. centered scapes just look totally unnatural to me. BTW your discus look amazing, are those Hans discus or Kenny by chance??

·
Registered
534 Posts
In general, what would say is the range in length of those manzanita pieces? I'm doing a rescape like you and my idea is to make it centered, all I need to know now is how big the branches should be.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.