The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this thing a week ago, so I plug it in and its making a lot of rattling, well its not air so I decide to rip it apart and clean it being real careful with everything. When I go to remove the shaft it wont budge, is this normal? So I yank on it some more then *SNAP*. Well this blows, now I have a fish tank with no filter. I order a new shaft and overnight it for $30. It inserts fine no problems, go to put the impeller on it and a huge chunk of the magnet cracks off when it goes in. Waiting on a new one to arrive now. What the hell am I doing wrong here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never mess with my eheims i have about 4 running perfectly on my tanks as we speak. I got pro II yesterday and i have that same rattling sound when i woke up this morning. What i did was shake the canister & tilted it side ways for about 30seconds, i also unplug and re-pluged the sucket few times. Knowing your canister is only a week old i can;t think of anything causing that rattling sound eccept for air inside the canister.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I noticed with my classic model, that if you have the canister at tank level it will blow minor air bubbles which caused a tad bit of rattle every so often. So I put it a decent ways below the tank surface and it stopped getting the occasional air bubbles/rattle. I experimented with this since I had a perfect little spot on my stand behind the tank. I figured it wouldn't work as it was to close to the surface level of the tank but it was worth a shot. Don't know until you try. I was just hoping to have less clutter on the floor. Oh well.

Where is your canister positioned relative to the tank?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Spyder, sorry you're having problems with your filter. If this is a new filter, you should be able to return it for a swap or refund. I can understand possible damage to the ceramic impeller shaft but not the magnet. Keep us updated on results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts