The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some plants in my 75 gals that I need to sell once the temps get warmer. I rather not do RAOK for them, as I need some extra cash.

I'm wondering how everyone decides what to price their plants? Prices change so much, I can hardly keep up.

I have the following plants that I'll be listing in another month or so. What would you price them at?

1) Spiral Vals. 6-20+ inches tall.
2) Mixed Moss balls. Golfball or baseball size. All green.
3) Java Fern. 10-20+ leaves of mixed sizes, 1.5-2in root width.
4) Anubias. Unknown variety, leaves are about half to 1in lengths. Short and long sections. I'm guessing the longer they are and with more leaves, the more they are worth. Or could cut them to 2-3in sections.
5) Rotala red color. Not sure which variety, rotundifolia or indica. 8-20+ inches tall.

Any help would be appreciated!

On a side note...
Would a tank and stand sell better with glass lids and lights or would it be better to sell the lights separate? There is no hood, just lights.
In the future, I want to sell both of my 75gal setups to get a 125 or larger long tank and stand. So I'm trying to figure out how to go about selling them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
No tank right now :( :( :(
3,329 Posts
1) Spiral Vals. 6-20+ inches tall.
Not sure. Probably pretty cheap

2) Mixed Moss balls. Golfball or baseball size. All green.
Moss is usually like ~$10 per golfball or ~$20-$30 per baseball size. Depends on how rare the moss is... Java moss would be lower value than a rare variety. You can often find people selling baseball size chunks of xmas moss for like $20

3) Java Fern. 10-20+ leaves of mixed sizes, 1.5-2in root width.
Not sure. Probably cheap

4) Anubias. Unknown variety, leaves are about half to 1in lengths. Short and long sections. I'm guessing the longer they are and with more leaves, the more they are worth. Or could cut them to 2-3in sections.
Depends on type of anubias... In general I think anubias are pretty expensive because they take so long to grow. Prices are based on how many leaves you are selling per rhizome. Rhizome with 5 leaves is going to be less valuable than a rhizome full of 20 leaves. I also think the nano varieties boast a larger price tag. Varities of anubias with snow / cofee variations in the leaves are far more expensive. You would have to compare what you have to another sale on the forum.

5) Rotala red color. Not sure which variety, rotundifolia or indica. 8-20+ inches tall.
Common rotala species like rotundifolia or indica usually go for like $1 per stem. More rare varieties that are harder to grow are more valuable (macandra comes to mind...)

Best way to scope out the value of stuff is search the for sale section and see what others have sold for in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts