The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure anyone who has been in this hobby for more than a few years has accumulated a lot of "stuff". Test kits, ferts, air pumps, filter parts, etc, etc. Right now, I keep my things I need consistently on my light fixture, like my scissors and my tweezers. I have an IKEA cubby next to the tank for things I use frequently like hydrogen peroxide, Excel, Prime. Then I have a box that fits into the rack I take out for my test kits, ferts, etc.

I am looking for something easier, more streamlined, and less "cluttery". Initially I was going to add a shelf to my stand but my new stand makes it challenging, it has a 3 inch brace so it has to be fairly low which interfere with the filter tubing. It has built in cut outs so I don't want to drill more, I could do some drop brackets and do a shelf that isn't the width of the stand. Or, it could be out of the stand. I have ideas but I am sure people have better so reason I asked. I know this isn't equipment based but it seemed most applicable. I would love to see pictures if you found something really helpful or built something. I could just put some drawers in my cubbies but I think it would look odd and out of place the way everything is arranged, but even just a storage solution online that fits the typical stuff we would keep around would be helpful, though I mostly am looking for ideas to probably create my own solutions using yours for inspiration.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have room for some of these storage drawers and they look decent enough sitting next to the 75g in the living room.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some curver plastic wicker storage trays on cheapy bamboo wood 2 shelf shoe rack under the tank
I have no room under the stand but that gave me an idea. I have a box that fits the cubby where I just kind of put things in. I can use old tupperware or baskets and put the lowest priority things at the bottom, the more needed stuff on top, and if I can get all the right sizes, hopefully have a flat surface or open tupperware for my ferts to dry dose.

I have room for some of these storage drawers and they look decent enough sitting next to the 75g in the living room.
Unfortunately I cannot add furniture on the floor. I have a portable AC unit and though I wish I could put in the closet and pull it out for the few weeks I use it, I just don't have space in my 1 bedroom condo. However, I could put a cabinet or one or two floating shelves from IKEA next to the tank on the wall. I have IKEA on the other side so it would match and it would fit the space. Maybe an odd conclusion but it had a similar cubby in the picture and I kind of stepped back and realized it could look "intentional" and fit into the room.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Also courtesy of Mr Ikea!

About half the drawers are filled with frequently used aquarium stuff (ferts, food, implements, test kits), and the other half with face masks and other COVID supplies.
Welcome to shrimp keeping 2020 style! :crying:

Oh and there's another big box of infrequently used supplies and spares in the store room. In short, I have a greater volume of supplies that I do of tank water.
Note to self: must persuade wife we 'need' more tanks! 0:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts