The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
macclellan was generous enough to send me a weeping moss sample in a plant trade we did last Month. in my efforts to get this moss to grow horizontal and down, I asked him how light plays a roll. he claimed that the moss grow out in one tank, but desirably down in another tank, yet both tanks had the same average amount of light.

after my failure to get Glosso to grow horizontally despite having nearly 4wpg, I begin to wonder if it's more dumb luck that gets our plants to grow the way we want? but back to my original question; are there any tips people can give me to help encourage my weeping moss to actually grow out and down as advertised by it's Weeping Moss - Vesicularia ferriei namesake.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Try putting some of it in a low light area and see if that helps. I have some moss in a tank out in the open that grows up and I also have some under some stem plants and drift wood that grow down. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've been pondering this same question. I got my Weeping Moss from AquaticMagic. I was wondering if they sent me something else by mistake. It's getting 2.5 wpg. There are areas that are shaded by plant cover but I don't see any difference in those areas.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Can you post a picture of it? I don't know why but my weeping moss weep in my 20 high with 3.25 watts per gallon and my glosso stays down with no fert or co2.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yes I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it was just time, or that my driftwood was too slim (only like a centimeter at the most) for the weeping moss to actually weep. I had it growing on a rock before but it didn't weep.

What's up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts