The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without a sump.... I only have 2 FX6 on it. I have googled, but I do not really see much or looking at tank journals etc.. - I wanted to keep Rams, Angels and maybe Discus.

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
6 250 watt heaters placed throughout the tank would heat it nicely.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Don't skimp on heating for large tanks and tropicals. I think I had eheim 350w (?), 4 of them- 3 to heat and 1 as an alert if one of the others failed on my 800 gallon. I would strongly suggest a sump for something this size. Be aware it takes a ton of electricity to heat monster tanks, especially to the temps you're talking... Expect to feel a GIANT bite in your wallet during colder months.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Electric resistance heaters are going to be the cheapest initially but the most expensive to operate. I didn't watch this whole thing but my immediate thought was something like this. Of course, I'm a heating and air guy so this is kind of basic plumbing for me. YMMV. Heating with gas.
I just noticed that it says it saved him 40% that can vary a lot depending on gas and electric prices where you're located. I think in Central California it would be higher than 40% some places it may not be worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.