The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't have one but I would imagine you'd want to use something pretty soft so as not to scratch it up. You could probably even use a little soap if you made sure you washed it off really well afterwards. After all, it doesn't actually go in the tank. If it has really hard build up you could try soaking it for a bit to try and loosen it up. Sorry I don't have better info, just my 2 bits

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
It's probably just water spray and hard water stains as well as dirt. Use some of that CLR stuff if it's water stains...and then wipe down dry with a fine cloth. Make sure you don't just wipe it when it's dry because it can scratch the surface.

Wismarq said:
REFLECTOR CLEANING
Specular Reflectors may be cleaned with a mist of 2% liquid detergent in warm water and
wiped dry. Synthetic sponges or soft cloths are recommended to be used with cleaning agents.

They also sell fixtures with MIRO 4 aluminum which, I think, AHSupply uses for their reflectors too.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I just used a sponge or paper towel and some water. Then, I used a dry paper towel to dry it. It worked pretty well. I'm not sure I would use CLR as I get nervous using chemicals around the tank, even if it's just the light reflectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.