The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 coil glass diffuser that I bought from Aquatic Magic a few months ago that I am using with my pressurized Co2 that I set after the Holidays. I normally use the nano glass diffuser and have no problem cleaning them, but the coils have me stumped. I cannot remove the water from the body of the diffuser, because I do not have a syringe, and it would take me a million years to shake it all out.

My question is it safe to soak in it in a 50/50 bleach solution with water in the body of the diffuser and then place it in water with dechlorinater? I don't want to introduce bleach in my tank. I'm just looking for a few options, Thanks.

·
Registered
930 Posts
heres what i did:
I took the co2 diffusor out of the tank while still connected to the co2 line. Turned it upside down(with the co2 pressure still on) and let the co2 push it out into an empty container.
The dipped in my 1/4 bleach solution and let soak. Once i was done with that it was ready to go! Just make sure you rinse the diffusor REALLY good.

Hope this helps
-Pete

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps me a ton. After I get the H2O out of it, I will soak just the splintered disk part in bleach by placing the diffuser upside down with the glass tubing hanging over the side of a plastic container. I think this will eliminate the chances of bleach getting into the body of the diffuser.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
also do a soak of the final product in a tub of water with Prime or another dechlor in it to neutralize the residual.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fresh Newby, I already do that when cleaning my diffusers, but is good information to have in case someone else needs to know how to clean the glass spiral diffusers.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Here's one that work well with me.

place the spiral glass diffuser up side down in a small plastic container. Make sure the whole diffuser is below bleach level. ( i use 100% bleach). I leave it soak for 24 hrs. Then soak it with decholorinator for another 24 hrs. Rinse and dry it up side down. The water will just drain out.

Or connect the spiral glass diffuser to an air pump to flush out stuck water .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts