The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if I need to circulate the CO2 in my tank. I have a 100 gallon. For example, should I place a powerhead near the CO2 reactor to circulate the water in the tank?

Thanks,
mAx

·
Registered
176 Posts
from the sounds of it u have a diffuser in your tank..... if it is set up properly then nearly all if not all the bubbles should be absorbed into the water before they reach the surface.. if not you are wasting the co2 (would be the same as having a rough water surface).

you shouldnt need a powerhead as your filter will already be creating a water movement/current

·
Registered
214 Posts
Circulate CO2

I used a Hagen ladder for a while in my 33 gal. I barely keep a good CO2 dissolution. Now I have a dedicated power head (Maxi jet 900) I run the CO2 by the intake with a 3/4 inche bamboo chinese stick that create micro bubble. The exit side is a plastic clear tube from a old undergravel filter transform in a reactor to maximise bubble travel. the result dissolution and distribution is 100% better.
Youpi!
:red_mouth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.