The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the only way to make sure there are no dead spots is with power heads, but they're all so damned ugly. Do you all worry about water flow to all the nooks and crannies of the tank, or do you just accept that there will be some dead spots? If you're worried about flow, how do you get it? Do you just hide a few powerheads, or is there another trick?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It seems like the only way to make sure there are no dead spots is with power heads, but they're all so damned ugly. Do you all worry about water flow to all the nooks and crannies of the tank, or do you just accept that there will be some dead spots? If you're worried about flow, how do you get it? Do you just hide a few powerheads, or is there another trick?
AFAIK, In-outtake both on the same side. Spray bar helps to spread the flow, don't fight theCoriolis Force and have adequate gallons/hour flow.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have a 40B and find flow from my canister decreases as the prefilter clogs over time. Intake and outflow are both on the same side. Adding a small powerhead (Minijet 606 I think) took care of that problem adding a small amount of fixed flow to the system, decreasing the effects of the slowly clogging canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.