The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm using that light on a 55 gallon. If you plan to keep it on the 24/7 mode, you may need two of them above that 75gallon. But with those plants you should probably be ok, especially with a lil c02 and root tabs.Try to keep the swords and cambomba in the brightest spots. You might Also want to try leaving it on max power and using a regular timer, bc in 24/7 it only goes full power for about 3hrs I think.
I would also fill a low light tank like that with as many species of anubias as I could... But I've always wants big tank of different anubias
This kinda seems like a good opportunity to start a dirted tank.... Just sayin' lol . Jk actually seen lots of beautiful tanks using only PFS and root tabs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Damn there is no way I'm getting 2! lol. This is already an incredibly high priced light. I was hoping if I paid more up front it would at least do a decent job for me. No way I'd ever buy 2 of them.
I was hoping this light would work pretty well, but it still seems to only be low- low-medium lighting.
I figured PFS just because dirted would be way too expensive considering the cost of everything else
I only paid $170canadian for that light delivered to my door. It's very well priced compared to similar like lights. The added investment up front saves a lot of money in the long run(never buying new bulbs again, and a lower electricity bill...for your parents lol). Don't worry man, your plant choices seem reasonable( cambomba may stretch and get spindly stems) , and The Co2 should help everything grow well even with lower lighting.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes yes yes! Check out the plant guy! I live in the same city as him and pick up directly, best aquarium plant supplier I've seen in Canada, and his dry ferts are excellently priced!
I got my light from a supplier on Amazon (can't remember the name) not directly from Amazon. I would only pay $200 for this light, you should have been able to get the Current satellite plus pro for $300

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh wow I feel so dumb now! It wasn't $170 CAD, it was USD lol. From Champion Lighting and Supply Co through Amazon.com. But that was still about $225cad. Try Amazon.com, even with the terrible state of our $ you can probably still save almost $100. Just make sure you buy it from somewhere that will ship to your P.O.Box. Then you can avoid huge customs broker fees.

But I did just check, and they don't seem to be listed on Amazon anymore. But they have it on their website for only $160 now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow great deal! You should have zero problems with that light. You could probably do a nice carpet of dwarf sag or Pygmy chain sword
I would add 3lbs of red clay and 20lbs of worm castings under the PFS, a couple lbs of Azomite too if you could find it. But I'm always going to try to push people to dirt .:grin2: add some greensand, dolomite, and sul-po-mag to that too, keep a balance stock of fish,band you should never have to dose anything again for years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts