The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok this is probably a dumb question and I tried to look for the right fittings on Amazon without any luck. I have this bubble counter:

Amazon.com : CO2 Bubble Counter & CHECK VALVE -aquarium Brass Regulator DIFFUSER Solenoid reactor plants tank : Pet Supplies

And this CO2 regulator:

http://www.amazon.com/U-P-Aqua-Co2-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

And this 20lb tank:

http://www.amazon.com/20-CO2-Tank-A...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I noticed just a day ago that with the way I'm going to hookup the CO2 regulator to the 20lb tank that the bubble counter will end up being sideways which probably isn't good. How can I make it so that the bubble counter is upright like it is suppose to be? Is there something I can do or is there a fitting I can buy for this?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

I think I may have found a solution where I can use a brass elbow however does anyone know what the screw type is? I see NPT a lot in threads and stuff. Is that what I'm looking for? A male to female NPT elbow?

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Since the needle valve on the regulator is a tube fitting (as is the connection on top of the bc), the easiest solution would be to purchase a thread to barb fitting to screw into the bottom of the bc and just run it inline, and not mounted on the regulator. You'd want a 1/8 NPT thread to 1/8" hose barb. NPT is a standard North American thread type, and the 1/8 is the trade size, and bears no resemblance to 1/8 of anything (inches, feet, whatever). But the hose barb is actually measured in inches, so it's 1/8" diameter, which fits tubing that has a 1/8" inner diameter. It would look like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...=79VLV5yVJIaymwHQ_K_wCw#imgrc=UjSwPcM9IxQDIM:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the needle valve on the regulator is a tube fitting (as is the connection on top of the bc), the easiest solution would be to purchase a thread to barb fitting to screw into the bottom of the bc and just run it inline, and not mounted on the regulator. You'd want a 1/8 NPT thread to 1/8" hose barb. NPT is a standard North American thread type, and the 1/8 is the trade size, and bears no resemblance to 1/8 of anything (inches, feet, whatever). But the hose barb is actually measured in inches, so it's 1/8" diameter, which fits tubing that has a 1/8" inner diameter. It would look like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...=79VLV5yVJIaymwHQ_K_wCw#imgrc=UjSwPcM9IxQDIM:
Great thanks a lot! I was thinking of doing the inline after looking up the elbow, but I was thinking it may be more difficult to do to align it properly.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Be aware that choosing the right parts for reg setups is almost as complicated as choosing a wife!!
It will also have almost as many different opinions of what makes the perfect set. You just got to study all the options before jumping in!
You know what happens to the guy that grabs the first one that comes along?

·
Registered
618 Posts
hopefully it lasts for you!! i bought the same one and after a week the check valve part kept getting stuck and blowing off my tubes since I had it hooked up inline...then I switched over to the diy with a syringe and glued check valve and worked great!! but inline is the best and if you dont want it above tank and you have metal frame you can super glue a magnet to it and have it stick to the frame.. which is how I have mine now!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully it lasts for you!! i bought the same one and after a week the check valve part kept getting stuck and blowing off my tubes since I had it hooked up inline...then I switched over to the diy with a syringe and glued check valve and worked great!! but inline is the best and if you dont want it above tank and you have metal frame you can super glue a magnet to it and have it stick to the frame.. which is how I have mine now!!
Thanks! Good tips. Well if this thing goes bad, I'll see if I can buy a CO2 Art one. They look pretty. :laugh2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.