The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
H202, excel, lower light, less food, more CO2, more N and K dosing would be my recommendation. Water changes and keep your tank clean will also make a big difference.

H2O2 and excel will kill off some of it, and the other measures will only retard its growth. You will need to manually clean the rest of it or trim off the leaves covered in it. When I see this algae growing, I immediately drop everything and take off the leaves before it gets as bad as it is in your picture.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would avoid using the R/O water in the tank. The elements removed by the R/O process removes things you will then have to dose to put back. Otherwise I mirror CED281's comments.

Clean as much as you can by hand, do the things he(?) said and 50% water changes weekly. Once you have cleared it out, 20% or so weekly after it clears up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Plant's look to be anubia's that don't appreciate too much light which I suspect is the underlying cause.
I grow lot's of these in 55 gal with one 32 watt T8 bulb on for eight hour's a day.
I also add 1/2 tsp KNO3,1/2 tsp KH2PO4 once a week with 50% water change each week.
No CO2,no excel.
Cut what you can off with scissor's ,reduce lighting,spot treat as mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts