The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my T5 HO output is giving out on me now and I'm trying to find a cheaper and more effective light system. I have a 30" long 29 gal heavily planted tank and had about 3~ watts per gallon per say. So I found this app that sells cool aquarium stuff for cheap and I found a SMD LED 11W 50cm lamp with 60 white and 12 blue bulbs, voltage of AC100-240V. I'm not too savvy on how lighting works but if someone could just tell me if this would be appropriate for what I have or if I should keep looking the fixture is $37 which isn't too bad.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
So my T5 HO output is giving out on me now and I'm trying to find a cheaper and more effective light system. I have a 30" long 29 gal heavily planted tank and had about 3~ watts per gallon per say. So I found this app that sells cool aquarium stuff for cheap and I found a SMD LED 11W 50cm lamp with 60 white and 12 blue bulbs, voltage of AC100-240V. I'm not too savvy on how lighting works but if someone could just tell me if this would be appropriate for what I have or if I should keep looking the fixture is $37 which isn't too bad.
Start w/ led lighting of at least 50w output...........
Here is an upgrade:
http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-EVO-Quad-Freshwater-Plant-p/56575p.htm
$119............... ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.