The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past week I cut my lighting to 50% intensity for 6 hours then 10% intensity for about 2 hours (it used to stay at 100% intensity for 8 hours)

Doing this hoping to reduce algae growth, but now my plants are starting to look worse probably because lack of nutrients or, now, not enough light.

These are supposedly easy plants lol amazon sword, java fern, giant hygro, rotella indica and anubias. This is a 20 long with softer water, 6.5 ph and I try to keep nitrates below 40 with weekly/biweekly water changes

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Color temp is usually stated on the light your using, or on the packaging. 6500K is a neutral white (or cool daylight), anything below looks warmer and anything above will look colder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Color temp is usually stated on the light your using, or on the packaging. 6500K is a neutral white (or cool daylight), anything below looks warmer and anything above will look colder.
The light has a setting with red, white, and blue leds or white and red. So would the default setting, red, white and blue, be the standard 6500K?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Usually you need to observe your plants growing to diagnose if you need more light. Crypts May grow more up stem plants will grow tall and thin with leaves further apart opposed to bushy and full looking.
Plants usually start looking worse when they run out of something they need like co2 or a nutrient or even light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts