The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have an 11 gallon planted aquarium. Has been set up about 3 years. I have a few galaxy raspboras, 4 amano and 1 bamboo shrimp. Currently for the bamboo, i rotate between ShrimpFit, BacterAE, Shrimpking Baby, pulverized algae wafer, pulverized Hikari shrimp cuisine and liquid chlorella. Seems to like the menu but I am going on a week vacay in the summer so I'm trying to plan early on how to make sure the bamboo is fed well while I am away. Having a sitter is not an option. I will be using feeders for the other critters...but how can I make food provisions for my bamboo? Just use the pulverized items in the feeder? I usually feed directly in front of Bambi so I worry it won't get enough with it floating around in the water.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello! I have an 11 gallon planted aquarium. Has been set up about 3 years. I have a few galaxy raspboras, 4 amano and 1 bamboo shrimp. Currently for the bamboo, i rotate between ShrimpFit, BacterAE, Shrimpking Baby, pulverized algae wafer, pulverized Hikari shrimp cuisine and liquid chlorella. Seems to like the menu but I am going on a week vacay in the summer so I'm trying to plan early on how to make sure the bamboo is fed well while I am away. Having a sitter is not an option. I will be using feeders for the other critters...but how can I make food provisions for my bamboo? Just use the pulverized items in the feeder? I usually feed directly in front of Bambi so I worry it won't get enough with it floating around in the water.
. you can see Bambi up in the top right perched, of course, by the filter output lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
He should be fine for the time you are gone :)
The tank is more than mature, so there will be microscopic particles in the water he will pick up in the current that will get him by for the week.

Theyre tougher than we give credit for. I had one lose his fans--he had them bitten off by some tetras--and took him 2 molts to get them back. He had no way to filter feed or pick up food without those limbs, but the stubborn guy went and bit at things in the extra sponge filter the entire time and has grown back his fans no problem.

If in doubt, you could grow a green water culture in a jar in a sunny spot or use a lamp, and add it to your tank before you leave... just water change it out real well when you get back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my feeders are the flat turn wheel kind so i could put the pulverized food in there. i have thought about using the chlorella to start a culture. right now i just use it from the bottle squirting about 1cc or 2 into the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.