The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything to encourage algae ( i like the look of it, dont come for me) from leaving the lights on 16 hours a day to overdosing ferts, how can i encourage alage growth?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have tried everything to encourage algae ( i like the look of it, dont come for me) from leaving the lights on 16 hours a day to overdosing ferts, how can i encourage alage growth?
Depends on the type of algae. What types do you like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Troll alert hahahah
no, seriously, i wanna make sure my BN is eating enough and its goodfor the gish, ill just usea scraper for the front pane and it actually looks quite nice

no, seriously, i wanna make sure my BN is eating enough and its good for the fish, illjust use a scraper for the front pane and it doesnt even look bad
Depends on the type of algae. What types do you like?
Any really, but i particularly like hair algae

·
Registered
257 Posts
Feed a little more than usual if you have fish. My dad has a 40 gallon hex with a single electric yellow cichlid in it and a few big pieces of lava rock. It gets a lot of natural light (no direct sunlight) and he tends to overfeed. As a result, the heater, filter intake tube, and all of the rock is covered in black hair algae. The glass gets some green dust algae as well, but it comes off pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts