The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
How is your water flow? I highly recommend good flow to disperse the co2 as evenly as possible. Co2 fluctuations is algae's best friend. You want to ensure you have that 30ppm by the time the lights come on. Stable co2 in the first 1-3 photoperiod is crucial.

So co2 is most important but also seems you are lacking in some other nutrients.

It seems your calcium and magnesium are good with the gh level you have and also you dosing pottasium is a plus.

If you are doing co2 your light at 30 par if that is most likely not cutting it. Usually browning like you show is a first indication. You most likely need another light as the sat plus are just not meant for high tech. So I will give you a brief of what needs to happen

Make sure you get 30ppm co2. Make sure it's consistent and at this level at lights on

Get a second light. I suggest a beamswork dhl 6500k

Make sure to dose full EI. You are missing some ferts with what you are doing with seachem.

Remember when doing co2 you MUST have the required level of light and ferts or the plants will not keep up and algae will thrive.

Also wanted to add there is no way 3bps with a diffuser is going to give you 30ppm co2 in a 75 gallon tank. You need to really check and adjust your co2. That will be the root cause of your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Good to hear for sure. Glad it's all working out.

Wanted to third the notion what @GrampsGrunge said in regards to not having to have 30ppm co2. He is right and in fact I have a 20 gallon shrimp tank that is running just 10ppm of co2 that is just enough to help the plants and at the same time keep the CRS happy. I got a dimmer for my beamswork light as by default was too strong for a low co2 setup. By doing this I dimmed the light to 50% and also dose half level EI so in return by having lower light and lower ferts and low co2 it's in balance to keep algae away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts