The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Planted Tanker
6,057 Posts
Light isnt going to cause lower leaf deterioration, especially in these plants.

I agree your CO2 could be better (higher) but again at this light level with relatively undemanding plants it shouldnt cause these particular issues - as long as the CO2 is stable from one day to the next.

Based on the info given so far, it sounds like a macro nutrient issue to me.

How do you know NO3 is 20-40 ppm? That seems really high considering you arent dosing any.

Dosing Seachem Flourish, Iron & potassium.
Does this mean 3 components, Flourish Comprehensive, Iron and K, or just the iron and K?

·
Planted Tanker
6,057 Posts
@burr740 Correct, I am dosing flourish comprehensive with Fe and K. I test before and after water changes with an API's masters kit. NO3 is always a good dark orange color.
OK you cant trust those test kits unless you compare with a known solution. The nitrate test specifically, is notorious for reading high.

Are you using Columbus Ohio municipal tap water? Google the water quality report for your area. That should give you an idea how much N might be in there, seriously doubt its 20-40 ppm

I'd start adding the other two macros - N and P. All you're really dosing now is K and micros. Even if you have some nitrates already, adding more isnt going to hurt anything.

Even though Flourish comp lists N and P in the ingredients, the amounts are negligible. Might as well be zero

1 - 3 of 3 Posts