The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be using a fine substrate but the fish are over stocked in my dad's tank and they chase each other around and run into things. He won't let me properly stock his 29 but is letting me landscape it at least with live plants, which it needs because he also doesn't do regular water changes.

Size of fish are 3 lined pimodella (1), giant danio (1) and a bala shark (1) and I'm not too worried about the barbs and cory. Yes, a single cory.

So how do I anchor plants in here? In my tanks, I use a large marble glued to fishing line but his fish are bigger than mine so it probably wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Use fishing line with fishing weightsm connect the two and then tie the line around the stem of the plant. Then just stick it in the sand plant, weight and all until it holds. It may take some time but boy does it work.
My moms the same way. She has 4 guppies, 3 cories, 2 glass catfish, 2 x-ray tetra's, and 4 neon tetra''s in a 5 gallon. She doesn't do water changes, and won't let me stock it. She would let me aquascape though.
I tried to buy plants with as large a rootball as possible. So that they already had alot of anchorage.... The floating stem plants, I took a section of plastic screen and stuck the stems through the holes. If its the right size, they stick and stay in the holes pretty tightly.. then I put it in the tank and put a layer of gravel on top... Some of them floated up, but for the most part it was good,,,

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Small rock and a rubberband. Bury it and your good to go. Always works for me, not super tight though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts