The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep thing tidy, deept enough to lay rock and wood on for hardscape, but I won't be using stem plants and such.

Just bolbitis, needle leaf fern, anubias. Mostly tucked in grooves and attach to wood.

So too deep is bad, too shallow probably bad, so how deep is the right amount?

Take will only be with one species likely to be angels but not 100% on that yet.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you're not planning on any bottom dwelling fish, you could go bare bottom, or slate tiles if you want some color. Really it just depends on what you like. I'd personally probably do about 1" - 1.5", if I ever went with no rooted plants, but I also always have bottom dwelling fish (cories and/or loaches) and they like digging. HTH...

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still want to have sand for rocks and driftwood. There will still be a heavy scape . I was thinking about an inch as well. Just want some other feedback.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have several inches of sand in a non planted tank. It got a few gas bubbles for a couple months but after that it has been fine for 3 years. Use a chopstick once a week to vent the gas or just get a few snails/loaches, no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.