The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been noticing this recently, and it might just be me, but how come we very rarely see some types of shrimp berried? Examples: black tigers, green babaulti, WR's, super tigers, BKK's, Blue bolts (I admit, I have seen some pics), etc. Not sure about you, but I don't see very many pics of these shrimps berried. Post your pics if you have any!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Because my BKK's and WR's are males? lol

Also, BKK and black tiger are hard to see when berried, let alone grab a good picture of them.

I have a bunch of berried hybrids, but that's just not the same.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Nope, during my last import, I tried my hardest to send out mixed sexes, and I ended up with all males myself. No biggie to me, I've got baby wine reds and pandas in my tank, and I know they'll grow up to give me females. In the meantime I've culled out all of the hybrid males, so the hybrid females have no choice but to mate with the taiwans.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A lot of those shrimp are expensive for a reason, they are much more picky about their water conditions and environment to promote breeding and when they do breed the offspring often have low survival rates. The cost of purchasing them (therefor a smaller amount of people owning them) and the difficulty to get them to breed means less pictures. Plus, as Morphalus pointed out they are tough to get good pictures of due to the intense coloration. With the recent price drop of BKK and WR, maybe we will start to see some more pics of those berried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.