The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you should quarantine plants before adding to your fish tank, but what should you soak them in and for how long to get rid of snails, leeches and other unwanted hitchhikers?(lol) :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll try that lol

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
If you don't have fishes in your tank yet ,get 3 clownloches. They will eat all the snails .When there are not too much snails anymore feed loches 1 or 2 times per week .My plant tanks now are snails free after 3 months with lohes only.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool ^

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I use a single Zebra loach and he wiped out the serious snail problem in my 55 gallon. They do not get big and he seems quite content on his own. Although I guess I don't know what his looking non-content would be :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might get a yoyo loach XD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had assassin snails before but they apparently Cary flatworms and such. Do you know any small snail-eaters that won't bother my other fish?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use a single Zebra loach and he wiped out the serious snail problem in my 55 gallon. They do not get big and he seems quite content on his own. Although I guess I don't know what his looking non-content would be :)
I've got 6 zebra loaches, 6 sidthimunki loaches, and 2 queen loaches in my 55 gallon. And I still do have some MTS's. Not too many, though, and I don't mind, 'cause I've got sand in that tank.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like pretty good stuff lol ^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts