I bought this Angelfish four weeks ago. It was fine for the first three weeks but eight days ago it stopped eating. We noticed it had white poop and bought some frozen medicated fish food for internal parasites. It did not accept the food so I bought a quarantine tank and set it up. I put in the medicated fish food last night and it was gone this morning but I don't think the fish likes the food. My concern is that the water will dissolve the medicine in the food if the fish waits too long to eat it. Also I don't have any active biomedia for the filter.
1. Does the fish have to eat the food right away?
2. What's the best chemical way to control Ammonia in a quarantine tank?
3. Would it be better to do daily water changes to control the Ammonia?
4. Should I feed the fish some other frozen food that it likes to build up it's strength after a week of fasting?
5. Should I give the fish a formalin treatment for internal parasites or is that just for external parasites?
6. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Any help with this would be appreciated. The fish is young and still has a lot of strength left in it. But it hasn't been eating dry food all week and it's looking really thin. It did accept some frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms today.